Winter has arrived, most areas have seen the temperature drop considerably and the snow fields have been dumped with up to a metre of fresh snow. The days grow shorter and the weather becomes chillier, many people are looking at ways to warm up their home more efficiently.
Before you start using your air conditioner to warm your home, there are a few things you need to do to prepare it for winter.
The first thing you need to do is make sure your air conditioner is properly cleaned and running at its best. This will help ensure that it runs smoothly and efficiently all winter long. You should also check the filters and clean them if they are dirty.
Mould spores can cause a number of respiratory problems, so it is important to have any mould on the internal parts of your air conditioning system cleaned professionally. A Professional Air Conditioning Clean & Sanitise will safely remove all contaminants. If the mould and bacteria are not cleaned, they can be blown back into the room. Removing and cleaning the contaminants from the indoor coil can prevent it from freezing, which can cause the system to leak and use more energy.
If you’re having trouble with your air conditioner and you suspect that you may have mould or contamination on the coils, it’s important to shine a torch inside the airwell or look behind the filters to see if you can spot any signs of mould or other contamination. If you do see any signs of mould or contamination, it’s best to call a professional to clean the coils, as doing it yourself could damage the sensitive components. Call one of our friendly team and locate your local Sanitair HVAC Hygienist 1800 130 168.
Tips before using your air conditioner in Winter
- Before you turn on the air conditioner close doors off to rooms you don’t need to heat up.
- Close the curtains to keep the warm air from escaping.
- Check the seals around your windows and doors. If they’re not tight, you could lose heat (and money) through those areas.
- Keep the area around your outdoor air conditioner system, clear of plants and debris. This will help ensure good air flow and keep the unit running efficiently.
- Check the filters. Dirty filters can reduce the air conditioner’s efficiency and cause it to work harder. Clean or Replace as needed.
By following these tips, you can help keep your air conditioner run well during the winter months and save on your energy costs!
Call your local Sanitair HVAC Hygienist Today 1800 130 168